1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Checking sys and cpu temps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alynur, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alynur

alynur Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3574 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, 384 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 40099 MB, Free - 7883 MB; D: Total - 69635 MB, Free - 42844 MB;
    Motherboard: ASRock, G31M-VS2
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled
    Hi TSG people. I read in a post here under hardware to check system and cpu temps in bios information, how do I do that and what would be considered normal and too hot for this machine?

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Run your machine for a while so that it gets to its normal running temperature. Then reboot and press <F2> as it is starting to show the BIOS set-up. If it is NOT F2 then the correct key should be shown in a message on start up.
    I don't know the temperatures as those very much depend on the environment and your use, but post them in a reply and someone with that machine may chip in.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Here is the intel spec sheet for that cpu;
    http://ark.intel.com/products/31733/Intel-Pentium-Processor-E2180-1M-Cache-2_00-GHz-800-MHz-FSB
    As you can see, max temp is 73C.
    I never build with asrock boards however I assume that they [asrock] has monitoring software available for download on the support page for your mb. It is best to check temps and voltages under a load ie running prime95 or IBT. If checking under a full load is not possible, then the bios check is the next best thing.
    Support page for your mb;
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/G31M-VS2/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!