1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Checking VGA memory on notebook

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mitjko, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mitjko

Mitjko Thread Starter

Hello to all,

I have HP4530s laptop with core i-5 CPU-2410M with 4 GB RAM and Radeon Graphics.

In basic System information I see this:
    Installed RAM 4GB (2.69 Usable). Does this mean that some of the RAM memory is shared for VGA or not?

How to check whether RAM memory is used for VGA and how much memory is available for VGA??

Thank you

2. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

I'm assuming you have a HP ProBook 4530s laptop that's running Windows 7.

Right-click an empty space on the screen, then click "Personalize", then click "Display" - or - go to Control Panel - Display.

Click "Adjust resolution" or "Change display settings, then click "Advanced settings".

Select the "Adapter" tab.

The amount of dedicated and shared RAM for the display device will be listed.

------------------------------------------------------

That model laptop supports up to 8 GB of DDR3 PC3-10600 RAM.

If it's running the 64-bit version of Windows 7, you might consider adding more RAM.

8 GB (4 GB X 2)

------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1069121