Checkpoint VPN client kills Remote desktop.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

StumpedTechy

I have a PC that the minute I install checkpoint VPN securemote (not secuclient we do not use that portion) it knocks out Remote Desktop.

I get an error about not being able to connect as soon as I put in the IP or the PC Name. The error states"User Interface Failure. You can not initiate Remote Desktop connection
because the Windows logon software on the remote computer has been replaced by incompatible software ckpginashim.dll" I click okay it closes out the box before I even get to a login screen.

I then look up the file in theregistry and I found that HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\ had a key in it that had ckpginashim.dll in it but used to have msgina.dll in there. I did a backup of this key deleted it and was able to remote desktop in.

The problem is doing this killed the Securemote which is needed. I can reimport this key and use securremote after another reboot but this is a VERY lame way to get Remote Desktop and Checkpoint Securemote to work together.

This software is provided by another company I have already gone back to to find out what we can do right now we are using version NG SP2 of the exe for the securemote install.

I checked the Checkpoint site but none of the downloads looked to match the NG SP2 + rating.

Any thoughts... I don't want to send this out without us being able to Remote Desktop in. The strange thing is this is a Windows XP SP2 install that has this problem on an HP laptop we have other HP XP SP2 that are not having this issue.

I have done 3 rebuilds from the base supplied recovery disks with no change to the status.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online