1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Chinese Star TV C5000 Java update

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by Spider-Abu, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Spider-Abu

Spider-Abu Thread Starter

Hello all. My Uncle sent me a chinese phone called Star TV C5000 which is an iphone clone of some sort. Anyway I started buying and downloading some games for my phone(screen size is 230x400 but 230x400 and smaller still work), some of the games work, but other ones, especially the 3D ones give me the Unsupported MidLET error. Also most of my games are very slow, much slower than they should've been. After a bit of thought, I came up with the conclusion that my Java is outdated. So I try googling for "phone java update" but nothing proper comes, other than the Java website. I wasted 30 minutes on that Java website and couldn't find a way to upgrade my java for mobile, or add that API 3D Java technology thing. The only downloads I found were regarding either PC, Mac, or Linux. So I was wondering if anyone can tell me the exact link or location from which I can download the latest java version, please. I can transfer it to my phone by either USB, or downloading it through my phone WiFi connection.

Video and website for phone discription:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVlhcqKBMDs
    http://www.solomobi.com/viewproduct.asp?pro_id=2970

Thanks for your time! :)

2. Spider-Abu

3. Spider-Abu

"BUMP" Doesn't anyone here have any experience with this kind of problem?

4. Spider-Abu

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Seriously, you're unlikely to find legitimate support for a Chinese knock-off. Count yourself lucky it even works.

6. Spider-Abu

Guess you are telling me that I am absolutely hopless to find any help wth these chinese phones, eh? Oh well, but at least can someone tell me how to upgrade my java version, I mean that question isn't specific to just this chinese phone...

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I wasn't aware any phone OS supported Java. If there's no Java distribution on their website for that phone's OS, then I doubt it's using Java.

8. Spider-Abu

No, the thing is it uses Java for its apps and games. So when I get a game or an app, I just put it in my phone through it's USB connection, and it will just install it for me. That's how it goes for a java file, I just accept it's install and choose whither I can save it in it's phone memory or it's 8 gig mini SD card. So I thought a java update install would have the same procedure...

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Read my message again. What operating system is the phone using that you think is capable of utilizing Java?

10. Spider-Abu

Oh, sorry, well I am not really sure about the phone's OS but when I get on the net, they recognise the phone as a Sony Ericsson W800i. Hope that's enough info. :)

11. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What makes you think that there's actually a version of Java installed on the phone? Java runtimes are specific to operating system. Web enabled phones have operating systems like WebOS, Windows Mobile, Android, etc.

I can't pull up the information on that model on Sony's site. But what does that model have to do with the subject of the e-mail which is an entirely different device?

12. Spider-Abu

Hmmm, I am not sure then. Maybe I could give each of those a try? Possibly WebOS or Android could work, dunno though. Every app/game on that phone is using JAVA so a version of java must have been installed in it. If you could provide me links for those WebOS or Android java upgrades or some other kind of update, that will be great.

13. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You're not getting it. The version of Java installed or updated is specific to the operating system. You can't install Java for WebOS on a device running Android.

You have to know what operating system your phone is running.

I don't think you even know what's running on the device. You assume it's using Java, but you haven't explained what makes you think that's the case. I'm not even sure what device you have in your hand, but you definitely need to know much more about it.

14. Spider-Abu

You are right, I really have no idea what OS it's running on, but I just assumed that it's running on java because there is a touch botton on the screen which opens a folder filled with java apps. But I am not really sure HOW to figure out what OS my phone is running, but you could check those links I posted in the first post to see that that is all I really know about the phone. :(

EDIT: According to this website (http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/2...dual_sim_card_TV_cell_phone_mobile_phone.html) the OS it is running on is Linux. Hope this helps. :)

15. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I don't have any other advice for you. You have some obscure Chinese device that obviously has no support.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918465

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice