1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Chinese Typing...

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by djhc0191, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. djhc0191

djhc0191 Thread Starter

Hi,

I do a lot of typing in Chinese, because I am working to get my official Chinese language status recognized by the government (Even though it's my first langauge...) and this requires ALOT of writing. I hate writing Chinese by hand because I have horrible writing, plus I am left-handed, so my strokes are all backwards... Anyways, I recently got a program called NJ STAR Communicator, and you basically type Chinese with it using the "Hanyu Pinyin" method. You type in what the word sound like using Latin letters, and bingo, it shows up as Chinese. Originally, there is only ONE font you can use, and that is the bland looking MingLiu... So, as a solution for this bland font, I downloaded a WHOLE bunch of Chinese fonts which are really cool...

The only problem is that certain words show up in the new cool, professional looking font, and others (the ones that have an equivalent in Simplified Chinese... Coincidence?) don't change at all... I've tried everything, even typing in simplified Chinese (although my course in traditional...) Anyone with ANY knowhow regarding Chinese typing software, please help me... This is kind of urgent. I've tried to be as specific as possible, so I've included 2 screenshots describing what I mean.

Attached Files:

2. badal

badal

You can visit the link below and it will help you to enable the east asian languages in your system and enable you to type in chinese language in office applications.
    http://tinyurl.com/kmexj

Let me know if it works..

3. djhc0191

djhc0191 Thread Starter

Hi Badal, thanks for your reply. I posted this 8 months ago and have since found a solution, which is exactly what you said and, yes it works. The problem with the font was that it's a font for simplified Chinese, and I was typing in traditional, and the reason that a few of them were showing up were because they are the same in simplified and traditional Chinese.

4. badal

badal

thank you for your reply and updating me as i am a new joiner I was unable to help you so fast....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432714

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice