1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Chipset drivers & XP issues

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by larrytotter89, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. larrytotter89

larrytotter89 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I accidentally messed up my chipset drivers when a website said was updates to what I had, but instead it has rendered me useless to boot it back up; not even in safe mode. So I tried the repair utility on my XP disk, and it got to the point where the graphical stuff starts, but it has an error with lsass.exe, then the computer restarts. Then I had a little partition on my drive, so I deleted it and installed another copy of XP. (sort of like a dual boot) That worked fine. Is there any way to fix my primary installation without losing anything? And I have access to some files, but I had my documents and settings set to private, and it of course won't let me in through the other installation. What can I do? Thanks!

P.S. I do have the correct drivers burned on to a DVD before this happened.

By the way, I have an Dell E510 with Intel chipset 82801G (ich7 family). If you need any more info please let me know.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Take a look here

3. larrytotter89

Thanks! Is there any way that I can still save my primary installation?

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Have you tried installing your chipset drivers...

Backup first

5. larrytotter89

I ran the exe from this account and the files were extracted to the C drive the same exact place that the bad ones were, and did an installation. (I'm assuming it did it on C, and not this one, and that it actually installed them)

Also when I try to get on the account, I can't, because the repair installation never finished and it gives me the same error every time I try it. (Even all over again, I still get the same exact thing)

6. larrytotter89

The error in exact is "lsass.exe - system error" "An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function." It does it every time with that installation that I was trying to repair. That is the only installation that this occurs on, and I have done nothing as far as new hardware.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542125

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice