Chkdsk Hanging

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fitztex32

Hi, i will say upfront that i dont' know much about computers but do know how to defrag, scandisk, delete temp files.

Ok, my problem here is that i got a blue screen of death said something about bios so i restarted puter and hit F10 key to go to system restore on my HP winxp computer. i downloaded all the hotfixes or windows updates including sp2. Everything was working fine until i went to scandisk and checked both fix errors and bad sectors. Now it is on CHKDSK IS VERIFYING FILE DATA (4 OF 5) 58% COMPLETED and has said that since last night at 8:03pm and today it is at the same saying but time is 12:19pm. What do i do? :mad:

Fitztex32

ok but how do i get out of the blue screen with the CHKDSK ? And how do i go to safe mode? sorry have no idea how to do this.

Willy Duitt

Banned
Fitztex32 said:
ok but how do i get out of the blue screen with the CHKDSK ? And how do i go to safe mode? sorry have no idea how to do this.
I read that thread and everything I needed to know was found within...
And since you responded within 10 minutes of my posting that link...
I seriously doubt you bothered to read the thread... :rolleyes:

Fitztex32

I don't think you understand what my problem is!!!! I do not need help on the disk cleanup! I am talking about needing help you know when you go right click on your my computer icon open then right click on c: drive then to properties then tools then error checking then i clicked both fix file system errors and scan for and attempt to recover bad sectors. I restarted computer and it did go to CHKDSK but only to 4 out of 5 at 58% and stayed there all night and all day. MAYBE NEXT TIME YOU NEED TO READ SOMEONE'S POST BETTER! MY QUESTION HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH DISK CLEAN UP!

Fitztex32

Well found out what the problem was............. A BACKDOOR sdbot VIRUS! ATE THE HARD DRIVE AND NOW PUTER IS IN TRASH! :mad:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online