Chkdsk scan froze up, keeps rebooting , no windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

linawtf

Last night I was watching a divx film online when it started to stutter, (the movie). So I reboot and chkdsk runs and it stays stuck on the 3rd part of the scan. So I turn off the machine, hoping it's clears itself out.
Now, it reboots and no chkdsk comes on it brings on a black screen w/ 4 choices
safe mode
safe mode networking
safe mode command prompt
last known good configuration
and
start windows normally.
I've done and picked each one .
No changes
My windows won't start. I get as close as the black screen w/ windows xp logo and it brings me back to the black screen .
I don't have a win xp cd, I have emachine w/ pc angel which shows up w/ an f12 prompt.
But that's not even showing up.
So I can't access it.
I was able to get into my computer by using mrdos program on cd, then able to get to my c drive with a c:\ prompt. Where should I go from there?
I need detailed help with repair to the registry or at least somehow getting to pc angel file folder.
Please help me. How do I get rid of. or fix ,or rename files, config. so I can use my pc again.
I appreciate anyone who takes the time to respond and hopefully help me...
Thanks Alot!
Lina:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online