1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Choice of 2 soundcards, help please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by belveder, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. belveder

belveder Thread Starter

I am looking to buy a soundcard, have cut the choice down to 2 soundcards.

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCIe Fatal1ty Pro Series or Asus Xonar D2X Ultra Fidelity PCI-E.

I have read reviews on both of them and they both sound real good, can't figure out which one to get. I do a lot of movie and audio editing plus gaming so I need an excellent all-rounder that is good with digital speakers.

I use Vista 64.

I'm leaning towards the Creative because I like the I/O drive, but I have heard a lot of bad stuff about Creative since Vista came out.

Any help appreciated

2. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Until a couple of weeks ago, I had a Fatal1ty soundcard with breakout box ( the IO port box) installed, and the quality was great. Im terms of Vista problems, there werent any at all. the drivers from the box worked fine, and the updates did nothibg back. As for the Asus, dont know anything about it, but as far as the Creative goes, I can recommend it highly :)

Oh.. as for why it was removed, I got 2 GTX 260 GPUs, and I dont have room for the card any more! :)

3. nate93

nate93

4. belveder

belveder Thread Starter

I posted this same question on other forums and was recommended the Auzen X-FI Prelude 7.1, so now I have 3 choices, anyone had experiences with this card and does it have DTS and Dolby Digital Live available yet?

5. help me please

help me please

from what i have heard, the ASUS cards are better anyway, nevermind the massive issues with features being cut from the creative drivers on vista. since vista has a completely different audio system to xp, and the ASUS was made with these changes in mind, along with the fact that ASUS can change the feature list by software (the xonar uses a software system based on the card (like a software system on-board sound - upgradeable, but processed on the card, like a creative - reduces cpu usage), i personally would go for the xonar for all of the above reasons.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!