choose the program you want to use to open this file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

magrawal

Hi Experts,

I am having this problem of choosing the program to open any file. I can not even open regedit.exe as suggested in some other solutions to this problem. I can not run any exe file as it asks me to select the program. I need urgent expert help. I have Vista home premium

thanks

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Hi and welcome!

Try this: EXEFIX

Unzip the fix and extract the .REG file to the desktop. Right click the .REG file and choose Merge. Note: You need to be an Administrator to apply this fix.

Restart your computer.

If the fix opens as a text file then right click it and select Open With > Choose Program Then, select Registry Editor.

If the Registry Editor is not in the list, browse to C:\WINDOWS and select regedit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online