Choosing a C++ API

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hmvince

Background:
Hey, I'm sort of a beginner at programming, I have a been programming for a couple of years in Flash using AS3 and would like to move onto something a bit bigger. Before/during my AS3 Era I gave VB.net a little go, and I am then followed Nick Gravelyns tile engine tutorial in C# using XNA framework. I have heard that all the big games use c++ and am interested in trying to learn this.

Actual Question:
So this leads me to this: What is a good c++ API for a beginner (at c++), which can do 2D, but 3D as well (for later, when I get better), is widely used and has a big community? while using c#, XNA Game Studio was perfect, is there something equivalent in c++???

Thanks in advance.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online