1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Choosing a computer case?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by muckmail, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muckmail

muckmail Thread Starter

I have a G9657MA-8EKRS2H motherboard that I would like to place in a case to build
    a PC. I have several old computers & cases that I have collected in the past. For example could
    I use a Dell 3000 case for this board? I have several simular Dell computers with celron processors
    in them. Maybe I could salvage a case/power supply from them?
    How do I choose a computer case for this mother board. What factors do I use to choose a
    computer case? I guess I need to look at fan placement and venting. Form factors etc.
    What do need to consider here?

Thank you,

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

3. jiml8

jiml8 Guest

The things to consider that affect functionality are cooling capability, noise, dust, and ease of assembly. Other factors that may matter include appearance and bling, size, space for expansion, and cable management.

What is most important to you just depends. But you should always pay a LOT of attention to cooling capability. For myself, noise is a big one; I want my system to be quiet. If you live in a dusty environment, inlet filters are a good idea...though you WILL have to clean them.

Beyond that, it is totally up to you. Just remember that your overall satisfaction with your build will be greatly influenced by the case that you put it in - and for reasons far beyond just the aesthetic.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029488

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice