1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

choosing a wall mount

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by ebonyruffles, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ebonyruffles

ebonyruffles Thread Starter

I need to find the best wall mount for an Insignia 26" LCD TV. I don't understand the VESA measurements. I'd like it flush to the wall. I don't care if it tilts or swivels. I only paid $400 for the TV so I don't want a really expensive one. As long as it's sturdy. I'm getting a friend of mine who has a drywall business to do the actual measuring & installation of the mount. I just need to know what to buy. Thanks...Sherry :confused:

2. wacor

wacor Banned

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

4. ebonyruffles

Should've said I'm in Ontario, Canada. Those websites wanted $30 shipping for a $30 mount. How about retail stores like Futureshop, Best Buy, Walmart etc? Any good brands you know of? PS I like the prices on the models mentioned! I can't see spending a hundred bucks to hang a $400 TV.

5. wacor

wacor Banned

well all I did was to use google. you can give it a whirl and see if you can do better.

looks like the $30 mount and the $30 shipping is less than the $100 ;)

6. ebonyruffles

Thanks for the quick replies. I did look online but I'm getting confused as to to the VESA sizing thing. The screw holes in the back of the TV are 8" apart all ways like a square. What size is this? Once I get that part figured out, I should be OK. I'd like to be able to go right to a store & look at it in person before I buy it.

7. Soundy

Soundy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Display_Mounting_Interface
    Basically, if the mount says it conforms to VESA spec, then it should fit any TV or monitor that also conforms to VESA spec. Most mounts will either be adjustable, or have a series of holes in the various VESA layouts.

If you have a Home Depot nearby, they'll have a wide range of options for you - this one, for example, will suit your stated needs, and is only $20: http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/...Ntx=mode+matchall&recN=0&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber

Or go to www.homedepot.ca and plug "lcd" into the Search box.

Other similar stores like Home Hardware, Rona, Lowe's, etc. should have similar offerings.

8. ebonyruffles

Awesome! Thanks so much. I have a home depot not too far from here. At least I know what to look for now. :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697750

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice