1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

choosing good and cheap Graphics card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by namo, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. namo

namo Thread Starter

I have windows XP SP3 Home with Intel Blue Mountain 2 D845PEBT2 with 512MB RAM and 2.8GHz Pentium 4 processsor . I have S3 Savage2000 video card (that has only monitor port). This card seems weak and it can not play graphical PC game such as "Rise of Nations".

I want to buy cheap and good graphics card that work with my motherboard but I don't how to choose.

I want to buy one from www.ebay.com ( I have no alternative to PayPal). One that has shipping to UAE
    (Dubai).

I don't know the prices of Graphics card but the maximum that I can pay is $25 including shipping(For me it dosn't worth it to sepend more just to play Games.

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge It's My Birthday!

Good - Cheap--choose one.

3. Compiler

Compiler

3D games have requirements.

S3 Savage was never considered viable for playing games.

The 845/P4 isa very very old system... but it should be rather cheap to locate an OLD video card. Shipping to another country is usually $15~100 depending on distance, duties and rates.

A recommended cheap card that should work on such a system and cost $0~15. Geforce3, Geforce4 Ti, Geforce 5700 or 5900, ATI 9600 or 9800. All of these are about as old as your computer. But are more than enough to handle that game.

Try to do searching in your local area to find such cards.

4. namo

namo Thread Starter

where is the link?

thank you

5. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge It's My Birthday!

It's a pun. You can't have but one--good or cheap.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/832434

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice