1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Choppiness with audio streaming

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Wakenaam, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wakenaam

Wakenaam Thread Starter

Folks: I am running RealPlayer 10 on a Pentium 166, 80 Mb RAM and OS Windows 98SE. I have Internet on Hi-Speed Lite cable. When I stream audio from a Radio station, I get severe choppiness, even though I exit all programs and only RealPlayer is running. I tried different settings for buffering, timeout, etc., but same result. Would more RAM improve this? Has anyone experienced similar problems? Are there any other settings I should configure for better streaming? RealPlayer takes forever to respond. Thanks for any help.

2. donnieb6680

donnieb6680

Your processor may just not be cut out to do that. More RAM might help, you'll never know for sure untill you try.

3. 911

Assuming that the 166 is the Mhz of your Pentium clock, I will guess that you just don't have enough processing power to keep up with the data stream. 80 MB RAM is also pretty small, and increasing it may help some, but as donnieb6680 says, it's hard to say in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322581

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice