1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Choppy/breaking sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Raven89Andrija, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Raven89Andrija

Raven89Andrija Thread Starter

Hello,
    I am really frustrated :(. In every music and sound on my computer (be it a youtube or game or song), every cca. 10 seconds the sound breaks off. Like some interference, but I really have no idea what is causing it. I really tried everything. Change the operating system, change the sound card, sound drivers, video drivers, chipset drivers, I deactivated almost all running tasks, and still it is here :(. It's interesting thing, because it happens mostly when I do type, or navigate trough folders... etc. etc. For example, I downloaded Nintendo 64 emulator and the game Banjo Kazooie. Sound is choppy only when I jump with character or do something "complex". When I leave it just standing, sound is o.k. What is it? Is there any solution to this? What has failed? Please answer, thanks very much!

2. Raven89Andrija

Please answer me :(

3. maceman

maceman

Hello,
    To allow us to help us better, could you tell us more about your computer, such as your version of Windows (Service Packs installed?), are you using a 32 bit or 64 bit version of Windows, is this a branded computer like Dell or HP, if it is, what's its make and model. Also, are you using any Anti-Virus software? If so, which one?

4. Raven89Andrija

Yes... Windows XP SP3, 32 bit version, and I'm using Kaspersky anti virus. If you need any more information just ask.

5. maceman

maceman

Hi,
    If all drivers are ok and I don't think that Kaspersky is the problem. Sometimes firewalls does something to the sound.
    One thing I can think is that there is a loose connection somewhere. Specially if you're using a laptop. That would explain why it happens when you hit the keys.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918335

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice