1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Choppy Soundcard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Peaker, Nov 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Peaker

Peaker Thread Starter

Hi folks,
    This is most probably a really common problem; but my Souncard is incredibly choppy and stuttery.
    My spec is P3 866 256Mb RAM with an Epox CU133A+ M/Board. My soundcard is a Soundblaster 128 PCI.
    I also run Win 2000 Prof, although this problem still existed with Win '98. I've tried adjusting the acceleration settings of my S/Card but it never helped. I noticed that Legacy audio was still enabled on my M/Board so I disabled it and that didn't help. I've also looked for updated drivers and couldn't find any.
    This is no doubt a real simple problem but please help me.

Cheers,
    Grant.

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

3. cybergum

cybergum

I had the same problem...you may need to buy a new sound card. Check your system preferences, and if there is and exlamation point in a yellow triangle buy the sound card icon...then you will need a new one.

4. Peaker

Peaker Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I have downloaded the new drivers but unfortunately the sound is still choppy.
    There is also no yellow trianglr suggesting any conflicts/problems in my system menu. I do have something called legacy audio in my BIOS; does anyone know what this is and wether it could be the cause of the problems that I'm having?
    I'll hopefully have this problem sorted soon.

Cheers,
    Grant.

5. Peaker

Peaker Thread Starter

Iv'e never actually installed the drivers that came with my motherboard. Would this make a great deal of difference seeing as I'm running Windows 2000 as my OS.
    (Yes, you guessed it, I am grasping at straws).

Any Suggestions?

Cheers,
    Grant.

6. cybergum

cybergum

Well I'm sure it couldn't hurt :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59362

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice