Chrome Addons

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BornCynic

I have a chrome addon listed in regedit, which is also shown in the NirSoft AddonView utility as disabled. In chrome itself however this addon is not shown at all in the extension listing. How do I identify what it does, and how can it be removed?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 7989 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -325 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 148 GB (55 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc.,
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Enabled and Updated

Attachments

First Name
Sandev
The Chrome Extension won't cause any performance or other trouble as it is disabled. Usually all extensions are listed in c̶h̶r̶o̶m̶e̶:̶/̶/̶e̶x̶t̶e̶n̶s̶i̶o̶n̶s̶/̶ If not listed there, clean-up software such as CleanMyPC https://macpaw.com/cleanmypc
A free trial copy is also available.

[EDIT] im sorry, my hyperlink to chrome extensions does not work. You will have to manually type in 'chrome://extensions/' without the ''

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Sandev
True, I wouldn't encourage registry cleaning but just use the utility to remove the chrome extension

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online