1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Chrome and IE Browser Google Search Infected by unknown virus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by kango88, Feb 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kango88

kango88 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4278U CPU @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8100 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 5100, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 119207 MB, Free - 68322 MB; D: Total - 119343 MB, Free - 85353 MB;
    Motherboard: Apple Inc., Mac-189A3D4F975D5FFC
    Antivirus: Panda Free Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Hi,
    Both my chrome and internet explorer seems to be infected by some virus as google looks weird whenever i use it.
    1) At the top right, even though i'm logged into my google account, it shows that I'm not[​IMG]
    2)At the footer of google, there are two things missing. First is the Google logo and blue arrow for going to the next search page and the other is the whole footer that has things such as help, terms and privacy is not available
    This is the pic taken from my non affected firefox browser to describe what i'm talking about
    [​IMG]

This 2nd pic is the screenshot taken from my affected chrome browser
    [​IMG]

I've tried to using both panda antivirus and spybot s&d to find out what is wrong but no virus is detected. I tried to uninstall and reinstall my chrome but the problem still exist

Can someone assist?

Thanks

2. kango88

kango88 Thread Starter

Can anyone help as i realised my Bing and Yahoo search is also not working for all my three browsers (Chrome, firefox and IE)?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142516

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice