1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Chrome Browser Question

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by BearKiller, Dec 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BearKiller

BearKiller Thread Starter

I wasn't sure where this topic fit so here it is.

I need to know if this is just me or is the behavior typical for everyone.

Lately, whenever I start/open Chrome browser, there is a lag in response, then the screen goes mostly white for a few seconds, then all of my task-bar icons flash, disappear, and then reappear, and then Chrome finally opens.

Once it is finally up and running, it works as well as ever.

In comparison, I can click the PaleMoon icon and flash/bam there it is, ready and raring to go, even when there are several more tabs open.

As it is quicker and more efficient, and a whole lot less intrusive, I do find myself using PaleMoon more and more; however, there are a few features it still lacks that are standard issue in Chrome, and I have many hundreds of bookmarks in Chrome that I can't find a way to migrate to PaleMoon, so Chrome is still a necessary evil.

Thanks for reading and all help is appreciated.

2. Lozzy-loz

Lozzy-loz

I'd not used pale moon before but after reading your post I downloaded it to try.If bookmarks are your problem then from chrome settings you export the bookmarks to html and from pale moon you can import those bookmarks.

3. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

First Name:
    Terry
    I use PM 26.5.0 which lets me use addons that are not available in newer versions.Been using Pale Moon for years now,good browser.

I was going to recommend saving Chrome bookmarks as html then importing them into PM,I have do so many times in the past for various reasons,then I was beaten to the punch by Lozzy-loz.

4. BearKiller

BearKiller Thread Starter

Thanks to you both; I will try that.

Does anyone have an answer to my initial question ?

"I need to know if this is just me or is the behavior typical for everyone.

Lately, whenever I start/open Chrome browser, there is a lag in response, then the screen goes mostly white for a few seconds, then all of my task-bar icons flash, disappear, and then reappear, and then Chrome finally opens.

Once it is finally up and running, it works as well as ever."

Anyone ? ? ?

Thanks for reading and all help is appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219884

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice