Chrome not synced?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Stealthz

On my new device, I am signed in to my google account and have sync settings on for every catagory. However, some bookmarks are missing, as well as some passwords, and autofill for many websites. Is there a simple fix for this?

plodr

Liz
On my new device
Please post about this new device. We haven't a clue if you are using a phone, tablet, laptop or PC and what OS and version of Chrome (I assume when you say bookmarks you are looking at a chrome browser) you are running.

Stealthz

ASUS laptop, windows 11 (just recently updated from Windows 10, but still had same issue), using Chrome browser.

Couriant

James
I assume you mean you are logging into Google Chrome with your account?

The bookmarks/passwords/etc are all in the 'the cloud' so if you don't have it on one, you won't have it on the other. Also, make sure you are signing into the correct account. I have a couple and got confused because some of the bookmarks I have are on both accounts.

A simple test, if you have a smartphone, you can log into your Google Account in the Chrome app and see if you get the same 'issue', as in the bookmarks you are missing are also missing here.

Stealthz

I assume you mean you are logging into Google Chrome with your account?

The bookmarks/passwords/etc are all in the 'the cloud' so if you don't have it on one, you won't have it on the other. Also, make sure you are signing into the correct account. I have a couple and got confused because some of the bookmarks I have are on both accounts.

A simple test, if you have a smartphone, you can log into your Google Account in the Chrome app and see if you get the same 'issue', as in the bookmarks you are missing are also missing here.
I have confirmed both devices are logged into the same google account. However, my chrome browser does not have bookmarks made in the last few months on one device, and does not have stored passwords and websites either. I have confirmed they both are logged in on the same account. Is there a file on the old device that I can transfer over to see if that fixes it?

Stealthz

Wanted to follow up with this. All of my passwords from my previous device are not remembered by my chrome on my new device, eve with my google account signed in. Is there a certain file I can transfer from my old device to fix this?

plodr

Liz
Sorry I can't offer any suggestions because I don't use Chrome on Windows computers and I don't run Win 11.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online