1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Chrome share gain outpaces browser rivals

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by Mumbodog, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mumbodog

Mumbodog Thread Starter

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-20001546-264.html

[​IMG]

2. Stoner

Stoner Banned

Have to wonder how much statistical error is built into those statistics, especially since there was less than 1% variance of change in the browsers discussed.

3. peck1234

peck1234

I do believe chrome is going to take over the browser maket in the near future.. (or at least be in the top 3)

It's pure speed, simplicity, add on's and HUGE community base are constantly making it better... Ive dumped all my other browsers already...

By the end of this month Chrome will be running on version 5.0, meanwhile firefox (which has been out for about 2 years earlier) is still only on version 3.

4. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

Be careful on this point because a "higher" version number isn't really indicative of anything. It could be interpreted as Chrome's immaturity (they've needed several "major" releases to get Chrome to the point where it is now) or it could be interpreted as Chrome releasing releases "too fast" or whatever. Software vendors use different product versioning schemes so you have to consider the product version within the context of any given application only.

That being stated, I'm a fan of Chrome and Chromium (I run both on Linux) and on some websites I maintain, I'm seeing the Chrome numbers slowly increase in the web stats reports. Another AWESOME trend is IE8 seems to be taking over IE7, in terms of popularity, at least with the site stats I've seen recently.

Peace...

5. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

??? Yeah, so they can't get their platform right, keep changing major functionality, hinder their own standards??? Horrible measure of anything really. Kind of like Bluray... How many times have they changed major specifications and essentially killed old Bluray players?

Its a horrible practice to upgrade too fast, I like FireFox best because of its long list of addons... Chrome is catching up slowly... but not there yet.

6. guy2

guy2

I think Chrome will take the 2nd place cake eventually because it's an extension of Big Bad Google but as long as windows stays windows your average users will use IE. At least chrome with all it's add ons isn't crashing 24-7 like firefox ,firefox crashes so much more with add on's that i didn't get to try all the one's i wanted before my frustrations made me delete firefox all together. I got almost 40 add ons running on chrome/iron with no problems yet ,this is super browser compared to what fire fox has shown me.

i still keep firefox around tho for some odd reason...it just sits in the corner collecting cob webs until i need it for something maybe an add on i can't get on chrome but i haven't needed one yet.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915009

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice