1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Chrome startup problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mpeet611, Feb 4, 2019.

1. mpeet611

mpeet611 Thread Starter

Hello,

My Aunt is having a problem with google chrome where every time she clicks on a web link in her email program google chrome opens like it's supposed to but instead of going to the website she clicked on it'll go straight to her home page which is the new tab page. I already had her try clearing all of the browser history and reset chrome from the settings menu. None of this has resolved her problem. If anybody can assist us with this problem i'd appreciate it.

FYI Her computer has the newest version of chrome and windows 10 64-bit. Not sure what email program she's using but i think it's either Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Since Chrome has been reset to default settings, I would say then the problem lies with the mail program making the call to chrome. See if you set Settings > Apps > Default app > browser to Edge if the problem continues.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice