1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Chrome Update, Can't Change Layout

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Mark-Young, Sep 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mark-Young

Mark-Young Thread Starter

So I've lost everything from Windows 10 and had to do a reinstall of Windows 10 which was forced into Creators. Downloaded Google Chrome and all of the sudden, the appearance is extraordinarily different. The view feels stretched and there's less space between tabs and top of the window, and in full screen, there's zero space. Icons are small, everything is hard to read and I can't get Chrome looking the way it did.

This is a full-size window screenshot. It's unbelievably unbearable to me, I feel like I can't see anything. I tried searching everywhere for what happened or why it looks so different but couldn't really figure it out.

Chrome view.png

Chrome view 2.png

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

This change happened in the latest update for Chrome to V.69.

3. Mark-Young

Mark-Young Thread Starter

I went back to a version before V.69 and the problem persists. In fact, I tried 2-3 other different versions of Chrome and the problem still persists. I got the old tab view back (though the version refuses to keep my Google accounts logged in).

I fixed a few of the sizing and viewing issues after fighting Windows Creators for hours trying to adjust settings.

I'd be content just not using full screen, but several sites (including Google) won't show everything adequately without full screen mode. I'm either straining my eyes or breaking my back trying to see and distinguish between everything.

4. Volstein

Volstein

But what's the problem? It's a normal look of new Chrome browser, nothing special. Icons look normal on your screenshot.
    Anyway, have you checked zoom in your settings?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216285

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice