1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Chrome weirdness

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by soundecology, Apr 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundecology

soundecology Thread Starter

So I went out to do some yard work and a couple of hours later I came back in to find that Chrome had changed to a new theme (while it was open). Easy enough to change but the address bar has turned black with white letters instead of what it was white with black letters. I've tried the following - resetting extensions, resetting Chrome defaults, resetting some crazy default (windows10-custom-titlebar), checked for virus/malware, uninstall and reinstalled. It seems like I had this happen in the past but for the life of me, I can't find how to change the color of the address bar. Thanks for your help.

Chrome version 74.0.3729.108
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 12
    RAM: 16194 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 1846 GB (1500 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0DF42J
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. soundecology

I tried and was able change it by altering the color setting in Win10 to high res white but it changes so many colors all over Windows it turned into a mess and I'm unable to tweak the current Win10 theme.

3. soundecology

it! This was a Win 10 issue. And why everything changed on its own is beyond me but what fixed it was going into the Win colors setting and checking the default app mode to light.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226269

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice