1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Chrome, Win 10 and wierdness

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by soundecology, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. soundecology

soundecology Thread Starter

Hi and thanks in advance. MS automatically installed (an issue which is infuriating) an update yesterday. It changed Chrome's appearance giving it new colors and different looking tabs. It bugged me so I tried changing it back with no luck. So I restored my computer back a couple of hours before the update. The update updated itself again. The original problem with Chrome stayed fixed but today there is new weirdness. Every time I leave one user and go the other and then come back, Chrome automatically minimizes (just a tad bit smaller leaving gaps between the browser and desktop). I've tried to adjust the minimum to a set size so if I want to minimize it just becomes a smaller window. It doesn't stay like it should. Once I leave one user and go to the other it reverts back to the minimized window it sets (the tad bit smaller one). I've tried to use the Chrome compatibility setting and it did seem to work a few times but then started doing it all over again once I rebooted the computer to fix another issue with Outlook (hyperlinks weren't working). Not impacting other browsers. Impacts Chrome for both users. I feel like this is all related to the MS update yesterday. Any insights appreciated.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. soundecology

It was already updated to the new look. And doesn't explain why the minimizing is acting so weird. All this happened right after the MS update yesterday.

4. soundecology

Bumpity bump. Any other thoughts? It's now so that I have to maximize my windows constantly during the day to optimize the browser's use.

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    It is not the Windows update that did this, or all of use that have updated would see this.
    But of course I do not use Chrome.
    I would suggest that you uninstall chrome and then reinstall it, if you have to have it.

6. soundecology

Nope. Reinstall does not help the problem.

7. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Did you uninstall, reboot, reinstall and reboot?

These reboots MAY clear things up.

8. soundecology

Did not change the behavior.

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  10. soundecology

Ended up with other issues. Reinstalled Win 10 solved all issues. Thanks.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice