1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CHROME works, all other browsers (IE & Safari) don't...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jheal, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jheal

jheal Thread Starter

PROBLEM:

CHROME works, all other browsers (IE & Safari) don't...

I can open Chrome and surf, I try IE and this is the message: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

MY ATTEMPT TO SOLVE IT:

So, i went to the MSFT site and tried all of the (5) steps from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196

Windows Vista

Delete your browser history
    Disable add-ons in Internet Explorer
    Reset Internet Explorer
    Check whether a third-party service or program is conflicting with Internet Explorer
    Restore your PC to an earlier point in time

STILL NOT WORKING. Help!!!

============================================================================

SYSTEM INFO:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9000 @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 4062 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 292177 MB, Free - 38799 MB; D: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 46762 MB; E: Total - 13063 MB, Free - 2051 MB;
    Motherboard: Quanta, 3610
    Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated and Enabled

2. jheal

jheal Thread Starter

NOTE: I did some restore points to before the latest slew of MSFT updates hit and still no go.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089841

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice