Chromebook Keyboard Not Working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mfortune

Hi,
I work in a school and we have a number of Lenovo Chromebooks were the keyboards have stop working either partially or all together.

Some will type some of the characters while others will type none. This is sometimes (but not always) fixed by using an external keyboard through the USB. So I cannot work out if it is a hardware or software issue. I have opened one of the devices and checked the connection between the keyboard and the motherboard and that looks to be ok but has not resolved the issue.

I have tried a factory reset but that does not work either. We are searching for any advice we can get as it will cost us a lot to have them inspected, let alone repaired.

Thank you in advance for any advice/support you can give!

Matt

Couriant

James
Hi,
I work in a school and we have a number of Lenovo Chromebooks were the keyboards have stop working either partially or all together.

Some will type some of the characters while others will type none. This is sometimes (but not always) fixed by using an external keyboard through the USB. So I cannot work out if it is a hardware or software issue. I have opened one of the devices and checked the connection between the keyboard and the motherboard and that looks to be ok but has not resolved the issue.

I have tried a factory reset but that does not work either. We are searching for any advice we can get as it will cost us a lot to have them inspected, let alone repaired.

Thank you in advance for any advice/support you can give!

Matt
It sounds like you have covered the software part of it.

Was these Chromebooks purchased at the same time? (i.e on same order or close to)

mfortune

It sounds like you have covered the software part of it.

Was these Chromebooks purchased at the same time? (i.e on same order or close to)
No they weren't purchased together and they aren't all the same model. This is what is causing us so much confusion.

Couriant

James
Are you using any kind of OS installation management tool, similar to SCCM?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts