Chromebook sans Cloud Print and with Intel Celeron

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

simr

1) As Google Cloud Print will be deprecated in December, will Chromebooks be able to print after that?
2) As Chromebooks support apps from the Google Play Store, do Android printing apps like this and this work on them?
3) What is the performance of a Chromebook with an Intel Celeron N4000? Is it worth getting?
Thank you.

simr

Seems like it's only for G Suite connected devices. What about a regular home Chromebook?

plodr

Liz
As Chromebooks support apps from the Google Play Store, do Android printing apps like this and this work on them?
My android devices (3) have both an HP printer plugin and a Samsung printer plugin.

I have NEVER been successful in printing from any of them. I even tried connecting the device directly to the printer by cable and couldn't get that to work.

It got frustrated trying to get this to work so now I attach the devices to the computer, copy what I want and print from the PC. It takes a lot less time to do it this way for me.

Because I've never been able to print from android, this has soured me on buying a Chromebook. I want to be able to print.

simr

My android devices (3) have both an HP printer plugin and a Samsung printer plugin.

I have NEVER been successful in printing from any of them. I even tried connecting the device directly to the printer by cable and couldn't get that to work.
Which printer?

plodr

Liz
HP Deskjet AIO 2655. Purchased August 2017. I am using it wireless. Ironically, I set it up through my smartphone; I just can notprint to it with the android phone. The printer is not connected to any computer. I can print to it from computers located upstairs and downstairs.

Last edited:

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It really depends on the manufacturer. I use a Lexmark CX510de color multifunction laser. The mobile support is decent. I've been able to print from an iPad Mini and my Samsung S8. I recently added a wireless module to it which allows WiFi direct printer for devices that support it along with NFC support. Kind of cool that any device that supports NFC can just be tapped on the NFC tag and be able to print to it without touching the device's configuration.

plodr

Liz
Both say they are installed. The first one says it is not compatible with all my devices. The 2nd one says it is compatible with all my devices.
And yet, I can't get anything to print!

simr

And yet, I can't get anything to print!
When you press "print" on something, said printer doesn't show up in your list? Or it does show up, but printing to it still doesn't go through?

Also, did you "...enable the HP Print Service Plugin in your device's settings" as stated in the last paragraph?

simr

Since apparently no one knows the answers to the OP (☹), we might as well turn this thread into something else...

plodr

Liz
simr, I answered the question you asked in post #13.
in post #4
I have NEVER been successful in printing from any of them. I even tried connecting the device directly to the printer by cable
and again in post # 12
Nothing prints. This is by wireless and also connecting a device to the printer
I'm no longer posting in this thread. I don't own a chromebook and don't plan on getting one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online