1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Chromecast Audio -like device functionality for Amazon Music

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Battlesoaked, Feb 13, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. Battlesoaked

Battlesoaked Thread Starter

I notice that there's no Chromecast Audio casting option for the Amazon Music app on iOS and Android. (Casting does work from a browser tab on a Chromebook at https://music.amazon.com.)

So what are the options if I want to attach some sort of device to standard stereo reciever which supports the Amazon Music service, and I want to control it from either Android or iOS?

If there are none, I'll just go with a Chromebook.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. TonyB25

TonyB25

Would an Amazon Dot work?

3. Battlesoaked

Battlesoaked Thread Starter

I don't know. The application here is a home audio system wherein the receiver is in an upstairs closet, but they want to control it without having to walk upstairs. A Chromecast Audio device would solve that problem, but that would involve paying for YouTube Red/Google Music, and they're already paying for Amazon Prime, which has a music streaming service. So the question would be whether there's provision for one Dot in, say, the kitchen to control another Dot serving as an audio source for the receiver.

4. TonyB25

TonyB25

What music streaming service are they using?
    Does the receiving in the closet connect to the Internet and stream this?
    Amazon Music is a service. YouTube Red is a service. Google Music is a service. I don't see how the 3 are related unless they subscribe to all of them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1185276