Chromecast issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nikkay91

I have a 4 or 5 year old Toshiba laptop and I have been trying to stream movies from my laptop onto my tv via chromecast. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and when I go to play a movie, the chromecast symbol appears in the program but when I try to search I cant find my chromecast. It searches and then nothing happens.

I'm able to cast my screen but when its on the tv its really slow and seems to constantly be buffering.

Help!

nzkeyboard

Simon Peter Clotworthy
Try turning off your router and turning it back on again to see if this fixes the slow buffering problem.

If it is still slow, uninstall chromecast and reset your computer. Then install Chromecast BETA (not the regular one!). this fixes this problem most of the time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online