Chromecasting not available on Chrome Browser for Androids?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

drdammit

Odd, I think.

Anyway, I have a Samsung Tab s, Chromecast App installed, and cannot broadcast from my Chrome browser. I have tried to find an explanation for this, including from google's forums, but with no luck.

If I had an s4 or an s5, I am told, I could solve the problem by casting the entire screen (this works for about 20 seconds on a Tab s).

Any ideas?

plodr

Liz
What version of Android?
All devices running Android 4.4.2 or higher support the Cast Screen feature.

I just set up a Chromecast stick and cast my ASUS 7" MeMo to the tv.

plodr

Liz
I guess you found your answer.

So you either need a different model Samsung tablet or get a device on the supported list if you want to cast.

My MeMo is not in that list but I fired up a movie I have on the micro sd card in my tablet and was able to cast it to the screen.

If you want to cast Netflix, this is the correct way to do it:
Found my mistake casting Netflix to a chromecast device using a Samsung tablet Tab S.
You cannot run the chromecast app on the tablet and cast the tablet to the chromecast device (This was my mistake). This is what causes the freezing of the video. Just run the Netflix app on the tablet and click the "cast" icon in the upper right of the Netflix window. A menu drops down. In the dropdown menu, cast to the chromecast device connected to your TV. Then just play the Netflix movie you wish to view. The movie plays on the TV and not on the tablet.
You might be able to do this with other programs like Hulu and YouTube.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online