Solved Chromium

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

christab88

Hi, how do I get rid of the program Chromium? It is installed on my computer somewhere, but I don't know how to get rid of it. It doesn't show up in my Control Panel.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Chromium is part of many Internet Browsers including Chrome and Opera.

What browsers do you have installed ?

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Chromium is a separate browser as indicated by the Blue Google Browser logo. I ended up with it at one time by mistake... A PITA to get rid of. Luckily, Revo Uninstaller got rid of it for me.
You're right, it is a separate browser.

There is also a Chromium 'engine' that is used in other browsers like Chrome and Opera.

It seems Chromium can also be used by malware so this might help if Revo can't remove it :-
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/remove-chromium-browser-malware-windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts