1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CID errors and Roxio Creator 10

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Bails04, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bails04

Bails04 Thread Starter

Hello, I have a HP Media center PC installed with Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit) and I seem to be infected with CID: pop-ups.* How do I find the root of this problem, and then remove the threat?* I haveKaspersky version 7.0 installed, and it states that all is protected on my computer.* If this is correct, why am I getting these pop-ups?Also, I have tried to install Roxio Easy media Creator 10 suite.* I had problems once I had installed this, and was told to remove both version 9 (which came with my computer) and the newly installed version.* Then I tried to re-install the 10 suite.* It seems to be loaded on my computer, but when I click on the Easy Media Creator 10 Center, the little circle flashes, then nothing.* Have I missed something?
    Do you have any idea what 'not-a-virus:AdWare:Win32.DealHelper.aj' is? When I scanned a PCUtilities DVD by Kaspersky (before downloading Content) it stated that this could be threat. I clicked onto Kaspersky to check out what they had, and they did not know. The error was in response to this folder on the DVD: E:\DigitalScrapbooking\setup-Gliftex.exe/UPX . I had wanted to download the Digital Scrapbooking program. Now I'm not sure if I should.
    Lastly, often when I shut the PC down, I get the pop-up error message: 'Application failed to initalize 0xc0000142' - However, I do not know what has failed to initialize - Media Center? I know I asked quite a few questions, and would be mightly grateful for any help on any or all of these problems.
    Thanks Bails04

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/685755

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice