1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cid popups

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by bikekitty, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bikekitty

bikekitty Thread Starter

Please help me get rid of cid popups.

2. Jintan

Jintan

Howdy bikekitty,

Welcome to TSG. Let's see what all is loaded there.

Download HijackThis from Here. Click on the downloaded file to install HijackThis. Then open HijackThis and select Do a system scan and save logfile. Use copy/paste and post that log.

Also go Here and download Silent Runners to your desktop. Run it, and post back here the log it creates. If your AV queries the script, allow it to run. It's not malicious. It will create a file named Startup Programs, and will notify when the scan is complete. Copy the log from the Startup Programs file here, along with the HijackThis log please.

3. bikekitty

bikekitty Thread Starter

Jintan,
    Thank you, I'll try it and let you know.
    Bikekitty

4. Jintan

Jintan

Very good - leave my post as the last until you are ready to post those logs so I am more likely to see your new response.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!