1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cigarette lighter AUX cable?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by bella13oo, Mar 12, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. bella13oo

bella13oo Thread Starter

Hi I recently purchased my first car - a 2000 Mazda Protege. I was wondering if there was a product available to allow me to play music through the cigarette lighter thingy? The car only has the cigarette lighter port, no USB or AUX so any suggestions for playing music from my iPhone through the stereo would be appreciated!!

2. Sponsor

3. Kimber911

Kimber911

upgrade the dash unit.

There were devices that allowed input thru a device that went into cassette tape slot, but not the cigarette lighter. That just puts out 12 V DC power.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

bella13oo likes this.
  4. bella13oo

bella13oo Thread Starter

Thanks so much! I'll check those out now!

5. jane21august

jane21august

There are some devices that allow you to charge your phones with cigarette slot lighter but no input is provided for playing music through that slot, you should definitely try to change your Dashboard.

6. lynx1021

lynx1021

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1206544

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice