1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cinema films

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Brigham, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Brigham

Brigham Thread Starter

First Name:
    John
    It is not very often I go to the cinema, but I saw an advert for a film, which was a compilation of films of the first world war. I was amazed at the quality of the pictures. It had been turned into a colour film, and was in 3D. The Great war, as it is sometimes called has affected my life, because I had an uncle that died in 1915, and my maternal grandfather committed suicide after the war was over. We think that as he was buried for two days, after a mine he was digging, collapsed, this must have contributed to his death. The name of the film was "They shall not grow old." Next week I am going on a cruise to the WW1 battlefields. I have been there several times before. The last time was in 2015, when I visited the grave of my uncle Tom, on the centenary of his death.

2. RT

RT

Wow, what a very personal post, my friend.
    It certainly was not what I expected from the thread title, and I am humbled by the respect you have for those that have passed.

I rarely get out, for I'm wary of crowds...and any more than than 4-5 folks in one place is too big a crowd to me these days :rolleyes:
    Last time I went to a movie theater was for J.J. Abrams' version of "Star Trek" with two of my best buddies.
    Wow, that must have been 10 years ago or so...alas, one of those friends has passed...and I miss him!

I had told myself I would go to the cinema to see the movie "Tomb Raider" that was released this year, because I loved the games so much, but I did not.
    Fortunately it came on DVD fairly soon...

Can't imagine I'll attend the cinema again, which is sad - because I do love the buttery popcorn they serve!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218515

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice