1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cingular Email Pictures

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by GeorgeGeiger, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeGeiger

GeorgeGeiger Thread Starter

Question: How do I email a photo to my cell phone?

I've just started using my first WAP enabled cell phone, a Motorola V220 from Cingular. Unfortuantely, the user's docs that came from Motorola and the online tech support from Cingular leave a lot to be desired. I'm hoping you can bridge the gap.

I've discovered how to send text and photos from my phone to a computer email account (as well as another phone). Cingular calls this MMS (Multimedia Message Service). Phone to Phone is seamless, but to send photos to my email account I have to launch what they call the MediaNet Browser. Then a submenu gets me to the MediaNet Messaging and from there I can compose a multimedia message with picture that willl send to my email. I've done this successfully.

However, if I compose an email on my computer and attach a .jpg photo file (.jpg is what the phone uses), the text arrives on the phone without the attachment.

Any ideas?

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327858

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice