1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cisco 1720

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ITPERSON, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ITPERSON

ITPERSON Thread Starter

I have a cisco 1720 on my network and its pluged into a 2950 cisco switch.the eth light is suposed to be steady but i blinks and my remote store slows down sometimes aborted.now i run on a 56k frame{i think i'm the only} but the phone company has test and says everything is good,now i have reset our equipment on both sides does not make a difference.but if i reset the switch where the router is pluged into it works great again for about 24hrs then goes back to the way it was. And my line relibilty goes down from 255 -138 can't figure it out could it be phoneline? The router? I don't know.:(:(

2. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

If cycling the switch causes your performance to come back, I doubt it's your WAN connection. Have you done a show interface command on both sides (router and switch) to see if you're getting line errors?

3. ITPERSON

ITPERSON Thread Starter

Yes,and nothing, the one that i haven't done was to go on the other router through the host i'm not sure how to do that. Ive never done that before.

4. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Ok. So there's another router. I'll need a network diagram of some sort to see what we're talking about here.

Also, you might want to try forcing the line speed and duplex of the ports affected.

5. ITPERSON

ITPERSON Thread Starter

sorry i didn't get back on the reply.its frame to frame curcuit
    Data goes through our cisco 2950 switch to the 1720 router then through the curcuit to the other 1720 router and via back through. it is frame ietf There are two connections coming through on this router and two different dlci no#'s one piggy backs from CN

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!