1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cisco Aironet recommendation ??

Discussion in 'Networking' started by oldrookie, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldrookie

oldrookie Thread Starter

I am looking for a recommendation of a Cisco Aironet WAP for small business - no more than 20 users at a time and only one WAP needed for now but possibly another in the future but not to be setup as a mesh. G mode is fine. $650 or under would be great.

I have never setup a Cisco Aironet before but understand some are meant to in an environment where a separate controller configures the WAPs. I have set up such with Sonicwall.

I am looking for a "stand alone" configuration Cisco Aironet that hopefully can be configured via web interface for very simple setup - I just need to setup SSID, channel, IP, WPA PSK, and security key. Usually that takes all but a few minutes on other WAPs I setup but I am tired of dealing with WAPs that don't work right and constantly need to be power cycled. What I am looking at is set and forget and it just works so I am looking to try Cisco Aironet.

I can do some command line as I do have a Cisco ASA 5505 as my home firewall but I really don't want to spend the better part of a day trying to get a Cisco Aironet working to what I need it for so I am hoping there is a model that will suit what I am looking for.

Thanks --- Steve

2. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

No experience with the Aironet APs. But the ones you without the need to have a wireless controller switch are the ones that are NOT indicated as being lightweight.

As an alternative, I have been running Netgear APs for a while. I have a WG102 which runs great. I've only had to maybe reboot it a couple of times over the 2-3 years of owning it. I've since added a Netgear WNDAP350 to work with the WG102.

3. oldrookie

oldrookie Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!