Cisco Catalyst help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ChRoNo16

I need help getting logged into my Catalyst 5000 series so I can configure it. I have a cable for it, DB9 to rj45 and am plugged into console port. when I go into hyperterminal to access it, nothing happens...

ideas??

If it's a SUP III / etc that has the RJ45 console port, you don't need the standard Cisco 180 degree rollover cable with DB9 terminal hood.

You need a straight through (CAT5 will work) cable, and DB9 terminal hood.

ChRoNo16

it is a sup 3, but I do not have either of those, all i have is the rollover to db9 cable

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online