Cisco IOS-XR username-prompt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Caspian22

Hi,

Does anyone know how to change the username prompt on a Cisco IOS-XR device, so that when you are logging in to the device, instead of being asked for a username, you are asked for " some text: ".

On Cisco IOS, this is done by "aaa authentication username-prompt 'some text' ". I havent found an equivalent for this command on IOS-XR.

Any ideas? Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Caspian22

I mean the actual username prompt. When I try to login, I get the following:

Connected to router.
Escape character is ^].
User Access Verification
Username:

I only need to change the last line.

Strange, that it is not the same command you are used to. Cisco is usually really good at keeping the basics the same.

banner login delimiter message delimiter

You can't actually change the "username" prompt.

Curious; where are you running XR?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online