1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by drgdw, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drgdw

drgdw Thread Starter

Hi. I have an IBM T40 Thinkpad laptop running Windows XP with CISCO Aironet Client Utility installed to manage my wireless networks. I don't understand the point of this utility as I find the Windows XP wireless connection management more reliable and straightforward, but I don't know how to disable this thing. I would if I could and I have tried, although not that hard.

Anyway, I was using the CISO Aironet Client Utility (or whatever it's called) fine, then I visited a friend's house and needed to get on his network. He started poking around and one day it was working and the next it was broken. It kept saying it couldn't find a radio signal or that it was off. I came home and it wasn't working for a month or so.

One day, I messed around with it and it started working again. Only problem now is whenever I shut down my laptop and re-open it, it never reconnects to my wireless connection automatically. I always have to do it by hand.

Any suggestions here? How can I get it to reconnect automatically and if I can't, how can I get it to use the Windows wireless features that are built in and bypass this CISCO stuff?

Thanks!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i'll move to netwroking you should get a better response

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/875180

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice