1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cisco PCMCIA wireless Aironet 340 Series problems on 7.3

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by sybaseian, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sybaseian

sybaseian Thread Starter

I’m running 2.4.18-3 on a laptop (laptop installation) and have problems with my wireless card not being recognised by the OS. This is a standard kernel as per default installation. I’ve tried installing the following drivers for the card:-

pcmcia-cs-3.2.4
    AIROLINUXv15000
    Linux-ACU-Driver-v2.0
    Firmware = V5.20.17

All the installations seem to work correctly but when I re-boot with the card in, it won’t pick the card up and give the following messages:-

aironet4500_cs not present
    airo: MAC could not be enabled
    airo: Max tries exceeded

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Ian

2. fivel3210

fivel3210

Hy Ian

It's maybe a little bit late, but I had the same problems getting a cisco aironet 340 ( AIR-PCM342 to be exact) to work.

I'm currently using delilinux 0.61, a small linux distribution for old PCs (<16MB of RAM). It uses the 2.2.26 kernel and the pcmcia-cs-3.2.7.

I tried a lot of stuff (kernel recompile, using the AIROLINUXv15000
    Linux-ACU-Driver-v2.0, using pcmcia-cs-3.2.8, IRQ settings,...) and also searching on the web wasn't helpfull at all.

My solution to this was just to downgrade the firmware of the Aironet 340.

Initially I had v5.30.17 which was perfectly working on a windows 2K laptop,
    then I downgraded to 5.20.17 and 5.02.19 with no success and finally I used the 4.25.30 firmware. It worked!!! :rolleyes:

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Dominique

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163939

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice