Cisco Port blinking

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Stanr691

I have a Cisco 3750 fiber switch that is connected to a Cisco 3950 in another building. The port that is connected on the 3750 flashes green/amber while the one on the 3950 stays solid green. There is a media converter connected being used. Could that be the issue? The duplex and speed on the ports match.

There is a degradation of performance across the link. It's driving me crazy.

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What model 3750 switch do you have? Is it the 12 port SFP version? If so, why are you using a media converter? What brand and model of media converter are you using? What is the connectivity between buildings? I assume fiber. What is the connectivity at the 3950 to the 3750? Is it fiber or RJ45 twisted pair copper? Have you looked at the stats on the 3750 port/interface you are using to connect to the 3950?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online