1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cisco router problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rimzan, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rimzan

rimzan Thread Starter

hi,

i am runing a small scale internet cafe with 6 clients mechine, having a leased line conection 64 kbps using cisco 805 router. my ISP has given me 8 ips's.my mechines are under NAT.my problem is everything was fine and smooth untill the"sobigF" virus made it appearence since then my router get bussy time to time then i had to call my isp and they do some bloking and they log in to my router and do some changes.then its fine for few hours or some times few days and again same problem apears if i rboot my route.

i cleared all the virus from my mechines and all my mechines are clean even thoug all my mechines been switched off router seems very bussy like some one from outside accsess my router.

when i get the routers attack
    routers TXD and RXD ligts blinks at once.then no one can serf it take hours to load a page. at normal operation both ligts blinks simulaniously. now the "sobigF" virus dust have setled so does my problem.

but still i have a small amount of that problem left. even though no one serfing, routers RXD and TXD ligst blinks like some one is using the systm but this happens in ever few minutes intrevel.

can some one give me soulution for this or some kind of softwer that can monitor my router who comes inand goes?

all my systems are usin win98

thanks in advance

2. play1998

play1998

if i am correct your router should have log check your log dayly and see what is trying to connect to you or what traffic is going through at that time. But i have noticed with many of my clients even after they get the worm for some reason they keep having prblem with slow speed and no surf after the worm is removed.

I dn't know what to tell you :confused: remove all the computers and see if still happens and connect 1 by one 1 every 3 hours and see wich is the one that is causing the most traffic :) i hope this helps so you can narrow it down

laters

Ed

3. rimzan

rimzan Thread Starter

first of all thanks for your time,

i have tried all sort of things shut down evrything, mechines,lan, exept the router and DSU. and observed for hours and the problem still remains. well about the log i am not a pro in routers. can u give me any clue,

rimzan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168218

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice