1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Citrix/Nextgen Windows 7 OS

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by figarokitty, Feb 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. figarokitty

figarokitty Thread Starter

I need to use a program called citrix to run an electronic medical health record called nextgen. I was told by our IT department that it requires Windows 7 and will not run with any other OS. I have Windows 8.1. What do I do?

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Well I just did a look up on it and I only saw Windows 8.1 in the requirements, but I may have been looking at the wrong software.
    My guess is that your IT people missed the AT LEAST in the documentation.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    On the other hand your system may be on a different version that requires Windows 7 or IT is simply not supporting Windows 8.1 because their policy is not support it. But Citrix Receiver does run on Windows 8/8.1, so if you are using Citrix to connect to a remote system running NextGen then it doesn't matter if NextGen supports Windows 8.1 or not.

But why are you asking here? Medical systems and software like this is generally highly controlled and maintained by the software support team and by internal or local IT. All your questions should be directed to either of those. FYI, Windows 7 systems for businesses are readily available and bigger organizations have volume licensing that allows IT to load Windows 7 on their systems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142666

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice