1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Clarity Of Vision

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by JewisHeritage, Dec 15, 2001.

Advertisement
  1. Kirkland

Kirkland

I don't, and won't talk face to face with foul mouthed people defending an existing evil. Some of the things you've said in this thread you would not dare have said face to face with me, and certainly not with or to Mafud, if for no other reason than civility calls for moderation in face to face social intercourse. It seems you and Mulder and others freely abuse your TSGL Random Discussion Forum opportunity to show how the negative usage of Internet disinhibition and political intolerance can foster ill will.

I would note that ~all~ your links regarding the topic merely justify ~your~ (European) (Jewish) position on this matter. As such, and since nothing can be said to make you change your mind, I will not comment further.
    But retelling a lie does not change the truth.

As for the "Khazars" (new Jews):
    The book: "The Thirteenth Tribe", written by a European, ~not~ by a Muslim, tells the whole story of the Khazars without your obvious emotional attachment.
    If you have or others have not read it, or read "The Thirteenth Tribe", nor used its extensive bibliography to equalize your own ascerbic comments on the topic, your comments show themselves to be as jaded, even as prejudiced as Mafuds.

Unlike you and Mudler and too many others, who seem to have way too much free time on your hands, I have another life outside TSGL Random Discussion. I don't need, nor care for this distant, cold association with unreality, where a person like yourself can negatively vent without fear of censure.

I will continue to visit TSGL for the technical information and assistance it so readily provides but as for the "Random Discussion" forum? This is my last post.

-30-

2. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

Kirkland----It is unfortunate that you will not be posting here in the future. I've always looked forward to reading your posts containing half-truths, revisionist history, and references and quotes from fringe academicians. Your ability to parrot the rhetoric of fringe radical groups like the Black Muslims is without equal on this Forum.

3. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage Thread Starter

Crumb....Thanx:) .... I really didn't want to waste my time today!:rolleyes:

4. Mulderator

Mulderator

So I guess you think censuring opinions that are in contrast to yours is a good thing, heh?

5. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten

This was found on boingboing. A blogger (weblogger) was on the plane with his family when the shoebomber did his deed. This is one of the responses in the link.

" I am _very_ disappointed that these people did not find alternative means to solve this dispute.

Did the passengers and crew who brutally supressed this man, who was after all just trying to express himself, even _consider_ entering into a dialogue with him? Or that he might have had allergies to the fire extinguisher they threatened him with? Or what significance this man's culture might have placed on keeping the feet covered?

This kind of act-first, think-later (or should we say think never!) attitude by members of the colonialist hegemony just keeps the cycle of violence going."

Thank God there are people like this looking out for our interests.
    :D

6. combsdon

combsdon

you're kidding........right?

7. eggplant43

Absolutely kidding. That's why I put the smilie at the end. It would have been better if I could have gotten it to post at the end of the sentence instead of below, but no luck. This dry humor of mine gets me into trouble sometimes. Hope this clarifies any confusion.

8. JewisHeritage

Combsdon: He had me going there for a moment as well!:)

Bruce: I really thought you had given up on this thread! There was so much potential here ... perhaps the timing was off:rolleyes:

In any event, with the New Year around the corner & so many more developing global issues I am hopeful that we can start a thread that will attract many more members to join in & share their views. There will always be the "Ramblin' Arena" & that is a good place to have fun & share the joys & hardships of all our daily lives!

But as for this thread....
    ;)

9. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

Mulder said:
    Leave it to Monkey Boy to state the obvious! (hehehe) :D

10. eggplant43

I didn't give up, I just took a short sabbatical.

I was not liking the tone of things here. My perception was that as Mafud, and Kirkland left, that there was a gloating.

It felt to me like the model here was not one of intellectual integrity, but rather a win/loose, one-up/one-down, right/wrong dichotomy. That kind of dialog does not interest me, it turns me off. I understand that anyone can criticize, it is those who work toward clarity, understanding, and resolution leading to evolution that will receive my respect.

I do not make these comments to criticize any person, nor do I hold any rancor towards anyone who has posted here. You all have my respect. It is rather a criticism of process.

I wish to participate in dialog that progresses towards resolution. This may be naive, and too optimistic of me, but I will continue to hope for, and work towards it's achievement. Until then, I shall continue to state my opinions in a civil, and as straightforward a manner as I am capable.

11. JewisHeritage

Bruce: I respect & understand your position on the outcome of this thread. The result was not in the least what I was aiming for!
    I am going to completly discount Kirkland's posting to this thread because as a rule of thumb, Kirkland will never offer to a thread what you or I are looking for.

As for what transpired with Mafud, I personally feel that we were open & posted several articles that were not biased & could be discussed in a civil manner. I have reviewed the posts several times to see where I have made errors in judgements as well as where Mafud did the same.

The bottom line or the difference between you & I is that after asking Mafud several times for facts & links ... as well as asking him to reconsider staying on & continuing this thread .... he continued to repeat his position using other words & ignoring what we were saying/asking of him .... I have limited tolerance for this whereas you have greater patience than I.....I decided to throw the facts that I knew to be true onto the table & let the cards fall where they will .... It really didn't matter at that point anyway because it was a mute issue ... Mafud was not going to rejoin us.

I hope that in future threads you will continue to participate because you have much to offer. I also hope that the end results in those threads will turn out the way we had planned!

Thanx Bruce!

12. eggplant43

I fully understand what you are saying, and agree with it. My concern is with modeling. I always want to take the high road, give the benefit of the doubt, and give people the opportunity to expose themselves fully, so that lurkers can arrive at their own conclusions.

I feel that when the active posters attack, we ultimately turn many other people off, and the original idea gets lost in the dust. This defeats the purpose of the original post. So I have a different strategy model. I hope I can convince you to try it through one thread from start to finish, and see what happens.

You'll not loose me, for I am curious about the world I live in, and to paraphrase "All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for a few good people to do nothing" and from Eldredge Cleaver "If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem"

13. combsdon

combsdon

Eggplant: glad to hear you were just kidding. Hate to think a neighbor to the south would pull a leg and not say so.;)

14. eggplant43

I certainly wouldn't want to disturb a neighbor. What I learned from this is to not be quite so subtle next time. When the smilie ends up below the sentence, I'll put in three instead of just one.:) :) :)

15. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

eggplant43----I too respect your statements as laudable goals to be reached. However, there are some issues upon which there will never be a reaching of a general consensus or enlightenment. The arguments put forth in this thread are a prime example. They have been around for at least 50 years in various guises, with the core assertions remaining the same. They were wrong then as well as now. I purposely stayed out of this thread to avoid having to deal with racist rhetoric and racial theories of when is a Jew not a Jew. Kirkland using his revisionist history finally sent me over the edge. What would be humourous if wasn't so tragic is Maufed accuses us of having a Eurocentric viewpoint which is actually a slap in the face of Muslims as the Arab/Muslim achievements greatly influenced European culture, science and the arts. He denigrates the very culture he attempts to defend. Again, a prime example of spouting rhetoric without a basic understanding of the subject matter. Makes for great propaganda but won't withstand any analysis.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61806

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice