1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Clarity Of Vision

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by JewisHeritage, Dec 15, 2001.

Advertisement
  1. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage Thread Starter

Bruce: I read the article you linked pertaining to "An Exiled Arab Speaks". As I understand your intention is to resolve issues & as such continue a free flow of exchange of ideas on the subject matter ..... I will admit that if I knew nothing at all about this subject matter & read that article I would have a very "different" take on the Middle Eastern situation. Accordingly, I can only reply by posting another link that places a different "spin" on the conflict that exists there. Please be clear that I am not taking a stance that either article is correct or incorrect ... rather simply introducing further material to "digest" into the discussion.

Over Here

PS: Please "Never" tell Mulder he is right!:(

2. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten

An excellent article. My article was not meant as taking a position, just as a way of introducing more information into this discussion. An aside, Bill Richardson will be announcing that he will be running for the Governorship of New Mexico shortly.

3. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten

You'll be glad to know that psychiatrists have an explanation for this:D

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Geoffrey The guy I told you about, Black Prince is online here now. I just don't know if he can find this way in .

Hiya Black Prince..... ... we're here.:D

5. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

BP are you here ?

6. Dark Star

Dark Star

Savvy,

Give the man a chance to read the thead.....there is quite a bit in here and this is a bit different than just deleting your temp folders. lol

7. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

hey Duckie... hes in the chatroom w/ me

come meet him

8. JewisHeritage

Savvy: I think I have figured out how you got over 2100 posts in 2 days:D

9. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

errrrr..... I'm almost afraid to ask how JH?...lol

and it was 2 1/2 months.... not 2 days....sheese

10. JewisHeritage

Savvy....Would it be in short contents & mass volumes???:)

11. JewisHeritage

Israel Seizes Weapons Shipment

Higher-Calibre Arms Going To Palestinians By Road, Tunnel, Sea Raise Army's Fears...

Associated Press

Saturday, January 5, 2002

JERUSALEM -- Israeli naval commandos in rubber boats commandeered a cargo ship in the Red Sea hundreds of kilometres from Israel's shores and found on board 50 tonnes of Iranian-made weapons meant for the Palestinian Authority, the Israeli army chief said yesterday.

Israel said the cache proves that Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat has not abandoned violence, even as U.S. envoy General Anthony Zinni tried yesterday to nudge the Israeli and Palestinian leaders toward a formal truce.

The Palestinian Authority vehemently denied involvement in weapons smuggling.

Information Minister Yasser Abed Rabbo said the Israeli allegations were a "theatrical game" intended to sabotage Gen. Zinni's mission.

Gen. Zinni raised the interception at a meeting with Mr. Arafat yesterday and demanded an explanation, State Department spokesman Richard Boucher said in Washington.

Mr. Arafat told the envoy he would co-operate and carry out an investigation, Mr. Boucher said.

The vessel docked late yesterday at a naval base in Israel's Red Sea port of Eilat, and troops were cataloging weapons.

Israel's army chief, Lieutenant-General Shaul Mofaz, said a first check revealed 50 tonnes of weapons and ammunition, including rockets able to reach most areas of Israel from Palestinian-controlled territory.

Israeli military officials have said they believe weapons of increasing calibre and range are reaching the Palestinian territories, travelling by truck across the Jordan River and through crudely dug tunnels along the border with Egypt.

Israeli Foreign Minister Shimon Peres, a moderate who has been trying to work out a framework for a peace agreement with senior Palestinian officials, said the weapons seizure showed the Palestinians need to make a choice.

"They cannot continue playing the game. They have to make a strategic decision whether they support terrorism or they are against it," Mr. Peres said in a statement.

The foreign minister said he would ask the international community to declare Iran a sponsor of terrorism.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi, speaking on Iranian TV, rejected the allegations as baseless.

Gen. Zinni appeared upbeat about truce prospects, despite the discovery of the weapons cache.

"I am optimistic, I am hopeful and I feel that we have the conditions that are right to make progress this time," Gen. Zinni said in Ramallah. He said he would make frequent trips to the region after returning to Washington early next week.

Mr. Arafat said he remained committed to a truce with Israel. Since a Dec. 16 speech in which Mr. Arafat called on all Palestinian factions to honour a ceasefire, violence has dropped sharply.

12. JewisHeritage

Bruce: I came across this article ... which relates to your link post regarding "An Exiled Arab Speaks" .... it again offers another "resume" on the :good deeds: of this lad .... :)

Resume

13. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

I see you found it ok geoff... I came across it this morning while looking up some scenic photos of Israel.
    Do you by any change have any photos to post from your 3 trips there?
    I'd love to see them.... scenic ones I mean.

oh & Geoffrey I remained very quiet in the Random Dicussion until just recently. I can't really imagine how I have gained so many post as I mostly just "wing it" in the tech area. Although I have to admit I have learned alot being here.... but never did I imagine there was anyone who knew less than I did about these marvelous machines we've come so addicted to.

btw... I wanna know what you guys was talking about last night....lol

14. JewisHeritage

Savvy:
    Oh Yeah .... Sorry we spoke in Hebrew the entire time .... Bet Tech Guy didn't even know that his chat room supported that language!:D

15. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Geoff it was Hebrew language but not alphabet... not on my side anyway. It appeared in regular format... just not English

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61806

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice