Classes start Wednesday...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

0x29a

Hello All,

I work at a community college and have the political machine that is the network people to deal with, so can't get server-side policies in place. Just moved our public use machines in our library over to NT4.0 from 98 (systems can't handle 2000). the only thing I ran out of time researching is preventing a local user from shutting down the machine, and browsing Network Neighborhood. I've used Fortres 101 to good effect, so am loathe to throw tweakui in to the mix. Is there a fast-and-easy reg hack that will accomplish these goals?

TIA,

andrew

0x29a

Thanks for the hints, Rog. I'm off tomorrow so I'll follow all the links I can. Thanks again!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online